Who’s Doing Music is a free community that helps you find local musicians of all skills through intelligent searching rather than hours of combing through exhausting musician’s classified ads. Sneaker Web Design, LLC was contracted by Who’s Doing to Design and Develop a Nationally scoped Social Networking Web Service to do just that.
When Daniel Dearwater and Brandon Shaw of Who’s Doing contacted us on the phone and explained their idea for a web service to me, I thought that it was too good to be true. Being a musician myself, I always dreamed of creating a web service of some significance for musicians, and this was a dream opportunity for me. The guys at Who’s Doing were really onto something, a unique approach to finding band mates in a niche that wasn’t flooded with competition. That’s very rare. I feel blessed immensely with the opportunity.
Some Who’s Doing website highlights are:
- A super clean interface designed by Rob Bode of Aha! in Austin.
- A quick and interactive signup process.
- Each user creates a profile using different areas that define his musicianship, influences and demographic. An image can be uploaded for the user.
- A full featured search area where users select search criteria, moving from general to highly specific searches. Searches can be named and saved and recalled at anytime on an individual user level.
- A conversations area that allows users to communicate with potential band members
- Automated email correspondence for registration and conversations.
- 2 different environments are in synch and available, one for testing and one for production. The majority of files are under SVN and reside in a master repository on a 3rd server, then dispersed to each developers local workstation. All of our Web Application level websites are under this same environmental configuration.