Do you have experience that would complement our team?
We are seeking an English speaking developer, preferably from Romania, the Ukraine or Eastern Europe in general.
Sneaker has hired over 100 people since 2003. We are looking for a solid relationship with a WordPress developer that can speak English and communicate effectively in the language. We want someone passionate about their work, and may have room for 2 developers that fit this description. We have worked with and appreciated the talents of Ukranian and Romanian developers. We are skilled project managers and you will communicate with us through Skype, Viber, and Zoom.
Sneaker is a growing web development company that started in 2003 in Houston and now has an office in Zurich, Switzerland as well. The position terms are flexible, from Contractor, Contract to hire, or Employee. If you think you have what it takes, then fill out the form and send us your resume.
Sneaker builds and maintains custom WordPress websites for clients and other media companies all over the world on Linux servers. We desire a team member that can work remotely and expect at least 25 hours/week of work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The type of work you would be involved in would be the following:
- Planning. We are project managers here and develop plans and specifications. You must help with planning and specifications at times. Any assignment starts with planning before jumping into the assignment. Great developers are typically insightful when it comes to planning.
- Creating custom WordPress themes or child themes.
- Customizing WordPress with solutions built from the ground up (ie. creating plugins, complete sections from scratch, etc...).
- Writing MySQL queries and developing custom search areas with filtering.
- Troubleshooting plugins and technologies that integrate into our websites.
- Working with WooCommerce and Gravity Forms.
- Correspond with us daily to develop, maintain and update websites.
- You should be able to migrate environments from development/testing to production, sync testing environments with production, migrate MySQL databases, change php.ini files for leveraging more resources, working with Git for file management and other tasks associated with environments.
- Utilizing Git and SSH to fork/branch code, for file management while working in a development team.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Need to know WordPress on an expert level. Preferrably 4+ years in WordPress
- Should have Git experience.
- As sites get complex, you need to be able to understand how they are built in order to troubleshoot them.
- Ability to work productively from remote locations.
- Ability to process decisions using innate moral and ethical guidelines. We are looking for an honest person with dignity.
- Ability to get along with people, respect your boss, your team leader, team members and work in a team environment. We respect each other here. If this isn’t you, please don’t apply. We want a productive working environment for everyone free of stress associated with power struggles, bad attitudes or immaturity. The idea is for everyone to enjoy the work they do and get along with each other, from the top to the bottom.
- Ability to meet deadlines and the flexibility to move quickly from project to project.
Credentials & Experience:
- Strong preference for someone with at least 4 years of working in WordPress. Customization of the back end by creating plugins and custom themes or child themes.
- Bachelors degree in related field field is strongly preferred but may not be necessary.
- At least 3 references.
Salary commensurate to experience.